The mother and child connection 😊


I was a witness to a Mother and son "argument" yesterday. Not the first time I have seen and nor the last time I would witness it. My experience is that, such arguments or such difference of opinion lasts shorter than longest thunder you have heard. That is how this special connection works

Mothers in general (be in my mother or My wife who is a mother) are all wired in a strange way 😊. They open a completely different program when they fight with their kids and when they fight with their husbands. 

Imagine a TV that is designed in such a way that it switches on a cartoon network when a child switches it on or starts a soap opera when the wife switches it on or starts on a sports channel when the husband switches it on; that would probably be smart, isn't it. (OK I am copyrighting © this idea before someone steals it). Yes, so coming back to the TV example..... Mother or Wife, they have the same Central Processing Unit but they react in a completely different way to people. Actually there are just two programs stored. A "child" program and then there is an "everyone else" program. (The "everyone else" program has different modes, the extreme one called the "Husband" mode 😂
No, we are not getting into that now. That will take ages to complete)

So the child mode works in a strange way. For one it has the same initial emotions of so called the thunder storms (has options of mild, very mild and extremely mild compared to the "HUSBAND" mode that has Strong, very strong and "Are you kidding me?" options). This is always followed by that silence (at least that is common in all modes). The only difference being, the silence is actually timed exactly between the child's sleep and wake up time. By the time the child wakes up, he sees a completely new morning which slightly smells of the rain last night, but it is that pleasant smell of rain which makes you happy. 

So after the short altercation, my 8 year old son decides to sulk in the sadness and dozes off and the mother is already disappointed that she couldn't say good night to him. So makes sure today she is the one who wakes him up with a smile. (normally it is my "sweet" voice that he wakes up to that throws him off his bed. Sometimes when he oversleeps, our neighbor's daughter also gets up to my "sweeter" voice that)
But today, by the time I realize it is time to wake him up, the two have not only buried the incident and behave as if nothing happened last night, they also seem to be cracking jokes. 
The husband mode from the same CPU seems to be so different that it makes me wonder whether God was really that smart. I mean, some of his built in programs certainly defy logic (sometimes).

I won't be surprised if the same scenario of arguments and quick patch ups have a re-run like the Bollywood movie Sholay for the next few years. And I won't be surprised that the relationship between the mother and child will be a bigger blockbuster than the movie itself. That is how I guess it is meant to be.

I think every mother and child relationship has a story worth the movies, just that we don't take notice. We just play a part of the supporting role giving it the necessary stability required.

God bless all Mothers. 


Comments