chapter 1 : the beginning as a Kazak

Perhaps the wish to be different or the feeling of Dil Maange More was instilled right from the school days. Kazaks, as we were known, are students of Sainik school Kazhakootam.
What that school instills in u is nothing compared to what any other school could do. Right from the 6tth standard all we had heard were words that none of my friends outside had ever heard.

Starting from those dorms to the mess that served sambar and rice to the matron who taught us how to wash our clothes to the captain who taught us to behave ourselves. Everything about that school was different. I don't know how it is today, but for sure it would still be different. If u wanna have an overall development and if ur life wants more than what u think u can get, be a Kazak. Such is the influence the school has on us..... +
On me.
I know my mom still regrets that she sent me to that school, but if I am something today; its bcoz of that school. That's the school that taught me Normal is Boring. Be different, coz ur Dil Maange More.
There it all started...... The feeling to b different from normal. The feeling to b a leader, the feeling to try and fail than never try at all.

What I am today....in whatever shape I am today.... Apart from my parents if there is someone I salute then its my school....Sainik school.
My beginning as a Kazak.

And still yeh Dil Maange More.

Comments

  1. hello kazak !infact one of the thousand kazaks (ex-sainikschools) of internet,
    people outside sainik school too get a feeling at some point in their life that they want to be different- 'kuch kar dikhana hai' kind f feeling...it may not just be instigated by the sainik school life...but yes there is a long road from the feeling to be different and becoming different . Not everyone get to do that.The question is were u able to reach the 'becoming different' goal through sainik school life ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi to my first commentor....
    Becoming different is two things in one.
    One its a state of mind.... its not an achievement. two its long term and not short.
    the state of mind decides what you do.... and in my case it sometimes works and it sometimes doesnt....
    but if i look back at someone who wouldnt have been a kazak... i would say i would have been worse off if i wasnt one...
    i know everyone thinks about being different and i am no better.... but i Salute the school that made me think that way. To think that Normal is Boring. To do things the way I wanted to do and not follow someone completely.
    Success would follow sooner or later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saju...can you define what Normal is? To me everybody is different.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vrinda,
    Normal is not a person, its a thought process. And if you ask me, if you give a piece of info to 100 people, 90 would probably think the same way or deal with it the same way. the other 10 will handle it differently. when i say different, its the way you think and not what you are. you can be normal and think differently...... and in the end thats the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you sajith. I luv my school too and defnitely I feel what you are is because you are a kazak.......

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment