Train to Nostalgia

Presently sitting in the AC compartment of the Malabar express, goingback home to kannur.
Indian Railways, the world's largest network, is something my memory connects a lot with. Whether it was a 25 year back final travel from lucknow........ Or whether it was the numerous travels I had to-n-fro my school.
One particular train jour I can't forget is the one I had fromtrivandrum to jammu tawi. A 3 day journey for an NCC camp. 80 boys 15yrs old with 3 people to supervise and passing thru almost the max numof stations a train could pass thru in India. If I am not wrong thatwas the last journey of jammutawi exp ......... I dunno why it was the last. I had a few friends who were travelling for the first time. Some travelling for the first time out of kerala. I had been a commoner to such journeys but always with family. Everyday we would given pocketmoney we could spend and we would decide what we would eat at which station. And hey, I forgot to mention that we were on board a general compartment without reservation. Which meant in Indian terms -Adventure. But can't remember a sigle moment when all of us didn'tlaugh. Was one of the most exciting journeys of my life.
Long live Indian Railways...........

Comments

  1. you can imrove your style of writing.
    this looks like its written in a hurry

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment